Coat Sew-Along Muslin With Tweaks

Here is the muslin tweaked a bit. I'm not sure why the pictures are so dark.
I took in the back, right above my butt, about two inches and tapered to nothing at the hem and mid-back. I think this is similar to a sway-back adjustment but I'm not sure about that either. That way, it is more snug around my back but leaves ample room for my backside too.I shortened the length by two inches. You can see the horizonal line running behind the bottom set of buttons. Obviously that line will not be there on the real version. I left the belt loops alone since making that two inch tuck made the loops higher. I really like where the belt is now. The belt is at high hip.

I wanted to make sure that the "butt-grip" factor was not an issue today. This is unlined because it is a muslin and it kept bunching up. Today I wore a long tricot slip to act as a lining. I pulled it up to my armpits and let the bottom act as a "lining" for my coat. It seemed to work well except it was too long and kept hanging out the bottom.

I really like this fabric. It is a cheapy Joann's acrylic/poly blend. I may try to get some tweedy wool to make this coat because I like how the striped chevron on the back and princess seams.

Now, I am going to leave this project a alone for a while and sew along with the Coat Sew-Along folks. I have a hard time stopping when I get going on a project.